Orlando Magic Receive: Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace and Three 1st Rnd Picks
Brooklyn Nets Receive: Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu
- This is obviously not the best package for Howard, but this seems to be Howard’s preferred destination and if he forces his way to Brooklyn, the Magic will have to settle for whatever the Nets have, besides Deron Williams. Although not special, this is actually a nice haul for the Magic. Lopez is one of the best offensive centers in the league, Brooks is an emerging offensive player with 20 point per game potential, Wallace is still a dynamic two-way threat and they would receive a multitude of draft picks. The Magic would most likely insist on the Nets taking Hedo Turkolgu and his awful contract, but the Nets would gladly take him if it nabs them Howard.
Orlando Magic Receive: Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu
Chicago Bulls Receive: Luol Deng, Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah
- In exchange for Howard, the Magic would receive an excellent package, with two starters and one of the best backup big men in the NBA. All three are fantastic defensive players and they can all put the ball in the basket. Deng is an All-Star player and would give them an excellent second or third option on offense, Noah would become the new defensive anchor down low and Gibson would bring his normal defense and energy. The Bulls would receive another superstar to pair with MVP Derrick Rose and Turkoglu would actually be a great fit in their starting lineup. This may be another package that lacks star power, but the depth obtained would speed up their likely rebuild.
Orlando Magic Receive: Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson and Kevin Martin
Houston Rockets Receive: Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu
- The Rockets have been searching for an elite big man and a superstar in general since Yao retired and if they had the chance to trade for Howard, they would without a doubt do so, almost without hesitation. Lowry wants out from Houston and is a top ten point guard, Martin is one of the best scoring guards in the NBA and Patterson is an emerging combo forward. Together they would create an excellent package to send to Orlando and Houston has many assets that they would be able to add to the package, if it would help them grab Howard. Howard would instantly become the franchise player and would have a lot of talent to work with, while Orlando would receive one of the best starting backcourts in the league and a possible starting forward.
Orlando Magic Receive: Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holliday and Spencer Hawes
Philadelphia 76ers Receive: Dwight Howard
- The Magic would receive an All-Star in Iguodala, who just happens to be the best perimeter defender in the NBA, one of the brightest young point guards in the NBA and a big man who just had his best year to date. The Magic would get everything they have asked for in a Howard trade, a legitimate star and great young talent. Philadelphia has a fantastic young core and they just had a fabulous run in the playoffs and with Howard, they would be a championship caliber franchise.
Orlando Magic Receive: Andrew Bogut, 7th Overall Pick and Klay Thompson
Golden State Warriors Receive: Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu
- It is doubtful that Howard would agree to play for the Warriors, but he would be going to a very big market and to a team with an excellent foundation. He would be playing with a budding star at point guard in Curry and an excellent power forward in Lee. The Magic would receive one of the best centers in the league, a very good young shooting guard in Thompson and a high pick in a very good draft. This would be a fantastic package for the Magic.
Orlando Magic Receive: Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields
New York Knicks: Receive: Dwight Howard
- The Magic would be getting the second best defensive center in the league and would not see much of a drop off on that end after losing Howard and they would be getting two excellent young players. Lin could become the starting point guard for the Magic and would bring his hype and fan fare with him, which would be great for the team, after losing their franchise player. Fields is a jack-of-all-trades player who can start or come off the bench and do all of the little things to help the team wins. The Knicks would have a core of Carmello, Amare and Dwight, which would be as good as any team’s big three in the NBA.
Orlando Magic Receive: Dwayne Wade
Miami Heat Receive: Dwight Howard
- This would never happen, but I thought I’d throw it in since it makes so much sense for both teams. The Magic have wanted a legitimate star in return for Howard and would receive Dwayne Wade, who like Howard, happens to be a top 10 NBA player. Why would the Heat do it? There is no doubt that the Heat are one of the best teams in the league and James and Wade are the best one-two punch in the NBA, but they are quite similar as players and they would receive the most dominant big man in the NBA in return. If the Heat did this trade, they would be even better than they currently are and would be easily the most dominant team in the NBA. The Magic would still be a very good playoff team and possible contender with Wade and could easily build around him. This would be one of the biggest trades in the history of the league and would actually help both teams.